Tuesday 25 August 2009

A Little (Or Large) Bit Of Info - Part 1 - Favourite Bands Past & Present, And Their Best Songs

I thought I may inform you of some things about moi. Musicalwise of course.

Favourite Band/Singer:
Well, this has changed a lot over time.
So, from the start of Year 7 (September '07 - about to go into Year 9 now btw.) until about May '08 it was Calvin Harris, my song obsession was "The Girls". It's still pretty amazing (and so is he - I really want his new album, sadly I don't have a lot of money atm), but I just like other things better. From then until May '08 to early September '08 it was Alphabeat, then my song obsession was "Fascination". I guess they're alright now. Then from that September till maybe Christmas, it was Panic! At The Disco. Tbh I loved I Write Sins Not Tragedies. Then until then till about maybe, May '09, it was Fall Out Boy. I was obsessed. Just like all my friends still are; they seem shocked that I've moved on. They're still pretty cool, I have four of their albums :] Then from then about May '09 it was Kids In Glass Houses. Give Me What I Want. That song's still awesome, they're amazing, and their album, Smart Casual, is amazing. But then that month, I discovered Mindless Self Indulgence. Total insanity really for me to love them considering the first song I heard was Shut Me Up. I was like totally obsessed until about October. They're still pretty awesome and I still absolutely love them, but then I found my current obsession.
ALL TIME LOW!
I lovelovelovelovelove them so much. :D I saw them at the Kerrang! Tour 2010 on 4th February at Manchester Academy and it was absolutely fantastic! In fact that's an understatement. It was the best night of my entire life. I got fairly close to the front too. Anyway, they have all these amazing upbeat songs like Hello, Brooklyn and the more downbeat ones like Therapy, the ones about love and heartbreak like Remembering Sunday and then ones that make you cry like Lullabies. But they're all fantastic. There's only one song I'm not that keen on which is Too Much (I don't get where they were going with it tbh) and I think they've got to be good if there's only one song I don't like that much.
Reasons to like All Time Low:
  • The whole album Nothing Personal.
  • And So Wrong, It's Right.
  • And all of their discography.
  • The song Remembering Sunday is actually incredible.
  • They put on the best live show ever.
  • They're amazingly funny.
  • Alex Gaskarth, the singer, is the most gorgeous, beautiful man on the planet.
  • I plan to marry him at some point.
  • He's that good-looking in person too.
  • Jack Barakat, the guitarist, is the second most gorgeous, beautiful man on the planet.
  • I plan to marry him at some point.
  • He's that good-looking in person too.

Atm my favourite bands are All Time Low, Breathe Carolina, My Passion, Kids In Glass Houses and Paramore. :]


^^^^The Best Songs From The Artists Mentioned Above^^^^

Calvin Harris - The Girls (I Created Disco)
- Electro Man (I Created Disco)

- The Rain (Ready For The Weekend)
- Ready For The Weekend (Ready For The Weekend)
Alphabeat - Fascination (This Is Alphabeat)
Panic! At The Disco - But It's Better If You Do (A Fever You Can't Sweat Out)
- Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have.... (A Fever You Can't Sweat Out)
- Time To Dance (A Fever You Can't Sweat Out)
- There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey..... (A Fever You Can't Sweat Out)
- This Is Halloween (Nightmare Revisited)
- New Perspective (New Perspective - Single)
Fall Out Boy - The Carpal Tunnel Of Love (Infinity On High)
- Sending Postcards From A Plane Crash (Take This To Your Grave)
- Of All The Gin Joints In All The World (From Under The Cork Tree)
- A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me" - (From Under The Cork Tree)
- America's Suitehearts (Folie A Deux)
- Headfirst Slide Into Coopestown On A Bad Bet (Folie A Deux)

- Alpha Dog (Believers Never Die: Greatest Hits)
Kids In Glass Houses - Fisticuffs (Smart Casual)
- Shameless (Smart Casual)
- Give Me What I Want (Smart Casual)

- Matters At All (Dirt)
Mindless Self Indulgence - Lights Out (If)
- Never Wanted To Dance (NONE OF THE REMIXES!) (If)
- Shut Me Up (You'll Rebel To Anything)
- Stupid MF (You'll Rebel To Anything)
- 2 Hookers And An Eightball (You'll Rebel To Anything)
- Prom (You'll Rebel To Anything)
- Big Poppa (Shut Me Up - The Remixes)
All Time Low - Break Your Little Heart (Nothing Personal)

- A Party Song (The Walk Of Shame) (Nothing Personal)

- Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't) (Nothing Personal)

- Stella (Nothing Personal)

- Six Feet Under The Stars (So Wrong, It's Right)

- Remembering Sunday (So Wrong, It's Right)

- Poppin' Champagne (So Wrong, It's Right)

- Coffee Shop Soundtrack (Put Up Or Shut Up)

- The Girl's A Straight Up Hustler (Put Up Or Shut Up/The Party Scene)

- The Party Scene (Put Up Or Shut Up/The Party Scene)

- Lullabies (Put Up Or Shut Up/The Party Scene)

- Painting Flowers (Almost Alice Soundtrack)

- Toxic Valentine (Toxic Valentine - Single/Jennifer's Body Soundtrack)

Breathe Carolina - Take Me To Infinity (Hello Fascination)

- Hello Fascination (Hello Fascination)

- Tripped And Fell In Portland (Hello Fascination)

- I.D.G.A.F. (Hello Fascination)

My Passion - Booman (Booman - Single)

- Day Of The Bees (Corporate Flesh Party)

- Never Everland (Corporate Flesh Party)

- Thanks For Nothing (Corporate Flesh Party)

Paramore - Emergency (All We Know Is Falling)

- Careful (Brand New Eyes)

- Ignorance (Brand New Eyes)

- Brick By Boring Brick (Brand New Eyes)

- Turn It Off (Brand New Eyes)

- The Only Exception (Brand New Eyes)

- Looking Up (Brand New Eyes)

- Decode (Brand New Eyes/Twilight Soundtrack)

- That's What You Get (Riot!)

- Misery Business (Riot!)

- Miracle (Riot!)

- Fences (Riot!)

- Born For This (Riot!)

Okay, well that took a while.
I'll do the rest later :]

Love love, kiss kiss. ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment